Hi quest ,  welcome  |  sign in  |  registered now  |  need help ?

Flange

Written By Anonymous on February 17, 2011 | 10:54 PM

Advertisement

Flange1

Flange Not Phalange


Flange. Not Phalange.
Posted by Naomi on February 17th, 2011 at 23:52

Flange? I thought it was spelled "Phalange."

Flange is another name for the special parts breast pump attached to your breast and looked like space-age shooter torpedo or something Madonna might have worn in the period of her Vogue.
It isn’t only for breast pumps:

Flange: (n) A protruding rim, edge, rib, or collar, as on a wheel or a pipe shaft, used to strengthen an object, hold it in place, or attach it to another object.

Medela calls it a breastshield. I blame my doula for making it a two syllable word-”Fuh-lange.”
Don’t ask me where I came up with the ‘Ph’ part. I figured it must be spelled some fancy way. Never mind that I didn’t see it in the dictionary when I looked it up. And not one person corrected me in this post. Maybe no one said anything because I was sleep-deprived with a newborn. No one wanted to hurt my feelings. I appreciate that.
Anyway, this is a flange. Not a ‘phalange.’ Perhaps I’ll just start saying ‘breastshield.’
At least, now I know the truth.

Tag : Flange,Flange Not Phalange


Relate post:
R.I.P. Len Lesser

Jerry Sloan's Resignation
Valentines day gift idea for hom
Halftime gig's dream come true for black eyed peas
Black eyed peas hosting 'phunky' super bowl
Valentine s day gift ide
Tom bergeron wife photos
J. Paul Getti III

Warung Bebas Videos

0 comments:

Post a Comment